Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Parking Fiasco

What is this? Two posts in one week? I'm either avoiding homework or just really excited about the parking ticket I got yesterday... So yesterday was kind of a poopy day, for whatever reason I just was not having it, any of it- what "it" is I'm not sure, I'll leave that up to your own interpretation. It was rainy, I was hungry and tired (we all know this is a lethal combination).Any who, I needed to run up on campus to buy something in the book store, so I made Joe come and accompany me (ever since we've been engaged I haven't been able to do anything by myself, well not much has changed I was like that when I wasn't engaged, it has just gotten worse ha)  

Rexburg has gotten crazy with its parking and you have to have a permit to do just about anything in this town, I have a city parking permit which means I can park anywhere on the street...or so I thought. It's great I love my parking permit, no more walking to class up the dreaded hill the Taylor building (you know you hate that hill). Well, Joe and I drove up found a premo parking spot on the street outside of the Taylor and ran into the bookstore, much to my dismay they had already closed. We ran into a few of his mission friends and chatted with them for about 10 minutes. We walked back out to my car and wabam! Perfectly tucked behind my windshield wiper and sealed with no love in a rain resistant baggy was a lime green parking ticket! Apparently, that street is considered campus parking and I had the wrong permit, give me a break! To add insult to injury I received a confirmation email later that night notifying me that I had gotten a parking ticket and that I need to observe the signs more carefully, no kidding! I have gotten away with parking on campus all day without a permit for years now, and the one time I go in for 10 minutes I get a pretty little ticket. Some might call that karma, I call it unfair! It was the cherry on top of my poopy day, I may or may not have caused a scene in front of a few students that thought my tantrum was interesting enough to stop and stare.

This morning after my dance classes I had time to run out to my car to put my dance clothes away so I don't have to carry them around all day.  As I approach my car I see this on my windshield and automatically a zesty pep is added to my step, and I start thinking of how big my tantrum is going to be if it's another parking ticket.

Obviously, the closer I got I quickly realized it was a fake ticket from no one other than Joe! He apparently had time this morning before work to find my car and write out a little love note that totally made my day so much brighter. 
Joe thinks it's really funny to write random guys names on notes he writes me, it throws me off every time haha, don't worry no one by the name of Randy is leaving sweet nothings on my car. Joe always knows how to make me smile and I am so lucky to have someone as great as him! :) 

2 comments:

  1. What a sweetheart you have!! I got a parking ticket once because Dave didn't park backwards when that was a rule. Then the next week they change it back to forward parking. Ridiculous. I feel the parking ticket pain. Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How incredibly cute! Keep him forever :)

    -Candice

    ReplyDelete