Sunday, April 6, 2014

One week

I actually can't even wrap my head around Kaymen being a week old. This past week has been crazy. It's been exhausting, frustrating, filled with laughter, and a lot of tears from mom and baby. Despite how overwhelming it's been, I haven't felt as much joy or pure love than I do when I'm holding this sweet little girl.

 It's been so fun to see joe in his new role as a dad; he has truly been amazing and the biggest support to me as I'm trying to figure out my new role as a mother. I couldn't do any of this without him. Kaymen is so lucky to have her as her dad, I can't wait to see their relationship grow and blossom. 

At one week old:

You absolutely hate nursing. This has been the hardest thing for both of us. 

You are so strong! I'm amazed at how well you can hold your head up and how strong your little arms are. 

You love sleeping in your swing. It's actually the only way any of us get some sleep at night. 

You're starting to be more active during the day... Hopefully this means you'll sleep a little more at night. 

You get the hiccups all the time! Makes sense because you had them like crazy when you were in my tummy.  

You've gotten your heal pricked 5 times since you were born. Your doctor was worried about your bellirubin score. The first time you cried, but the 4 times after you slept right through it! 

You already have so much personality; you're definitely giving mom and dad a run for their money. 

You sometimes smile in your sleep. Mom and dad melt every time we see it. 

You really only like burping for dad. 

Nollie is so interested in you. You let her sniff you and sometimes even let her take off your socks. You don't seem to mind. 

It's so fun to see your big stretches and kicks when you're asleep. It reminds me of how you'd jab and beat the heck out of my ribs when you were in my tummy. 

After you eat, you will quietly stare right at me. It melts my heart knowing that you know I'm your momma. I love our special connection and can't wait to see it grow. 

We love you, Kaymen! You've completely turned our world upside down, but we wouldn't have it any other way! 


1 comment:

  1. Way to be, Laurin! She's beautiful, and you are a wonderful family of 3 now. I'm sorry to hear nursing is tough. It's definitely a learned art, and it seems it usually takes a ton of effort! If you ever need to vent or brainstorm, call me! Also, you're in Utah, right? Can I come see you sometime?

    ReplyDelete