Thursday, May 1, 2014

Kaymin: One month

Holy cow, has it really been a month!? That first week was probably the longest most sleep deprived week of my life... Everyone would say, "it goes by so fast, enjoy it!" I would politely laugh and say, "oh, yes it certainly does!". Secretly, I was thinking that time had surely stood still because there was no way I was only 10 days postpartum. Now that we have this first month under our belt, I feel like I've got a much better handle on things. I'm not as sleep deprived (or I'm just used to no sleep) and I'm starting to understand kaymin and her little personality better. 

At one month: 

You started to projectile vomit after every feeding and your doctor thought you had pyloric stenosis. After 2 ultrasounds, days of worrying, and prayers being answered everything was fine! Your doctor told us to prepare for surgery, but luckily everything in your tests came back normal, much to the surprise of your doctor. We couldn't be happier. We learned that you're a little piggy when you eat and we have to cut you off mid feeding to catch your breath. You hate it, but it made all the difference. 

You slept 5 hours straight once. Mom woke up panicked and checked on you every ten minutes instead of sleeping. Crazy mom. 

You're so incredibly strong! You hold your head up and kick like no ones business. We've started tummy time with you and you are not a fan. Dr. Jerman says 5 minutes 3 times a day, sorry babe! 

You love car rides! Our favorite time of the day is going out for our afternoon drive. You knock right out and will sleep for hours afterword. It's sometimes the only time I can get things done or nap! When the weather gets nicer we will start going for walks! 

At your last doctors visit you weighed 9.2 lbs! You've gained a whole pound in one month. 

You're so much more alert now. You recognize mom's voice and will turn your head to find/look at me. I love it. 

You refuse to go to sleep for dad. I think it's because you miss dad and want to play. Dad thinks he's bad luck. 

Nollie is obsessed with you. The second we come home from our afternoon drive she jumps right in your car seat to cuddle you. 

The other morning I brought you into bed with me to snuggle and eat. We slept from 9:30-1:30 and it was great :) 

You're the noisiest sleeper I've ever heard. You grunt, snore, and whistle louder than any grown man does. After your first week home we moved you to your own room, sorry! 

You continue to steal our hearts every single day! I couldn't be happier to be your momma! 



No comments:

Post a Comment