Friday, December 3, 2010

All You Need is Love

This is my very first blog entry, ever! Thanks to the help of the ever-so-wonderful Lauren Woolley for teaching me the ways of the blogging world! 
My little sister, McKenna, has told me numerous times that only married people have a blog and if I get one I'm just conforming to what is popular.  I decide to go against her advice (insert dramatic gasp) and create one! Even though Joe and I aren't married yet I thought it'd be fun to document our engagement and everything else in between! 
Joe and I got engaged on October 9th, 2010 in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. It was the best day of my entire life and it has just gotten better! I am so lucky to be marrying the most amazing guy out there. I could go on for hours and hours about how wonderful he is to me and how happy I we're going to be, but I'm afraid my sister is already gagging so I'll spare you the details :) 


Joe and I are getting married on April 30th, 2011 in the Mount Timpanogos temple.  To all of the people in Mormonville (aka BYU-Idaho) that seems like an eternity away (we most certainly can confirm that it IS an eternity away) but, to the rest of the world, who isn't apart of the BYUI "bubble" they think we are absolutely crazy for getting married so soon.  I couldn't be more excited to get married and start my life with my best friend.  


Our wedding plans are going so well, we have an amazing photographer, Tyra Andrews who just took the first half of our engagement pictures on Tuesday! She is so wonderful to work with, and her photography is brilliant! We decided to take half of our pictures now and take the other half in the "spring".  The pictures probably won't look much different since it's brutally cold in Rexburg up until April/May ish, but we figured it'd be best to split up the sessions so we don't die in the cold. When we took our engagements it was 13 degrees outside! Brrrr!Ever since we took the pictures I have been so excited to see them.  
Since our engagement isn't the traditional 2-4 months long, like most young LDS couples, it doesn't feel like it's actually happening. (IS THIS REAL LIFE?!) Sure I have my gorgeous ring on my left hand, and my insanely beautiful wedding dress purchased it just feels too good to be true. Can I really be this lucky? Yup, I guess I just have to face the facts, I AM this lucky :)



2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited you have a blog!!! You and Joe are so cute! I can't wait for you two to be married, it is awesome! Our blog is jordanlindsaycox.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Cute! And excited that you have a blog now :)

    ReplyDelete