Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Came Early!

I have been so excited this last week to post this blog entry (go ahead and make fun of me, McKenna) because I actually felt like I had something "blog worthy" to talk about. In the midst of all the crazy that happened during finals week and clean checks, Joe and I managed to find time to go Christmas shopping for each other.  I have always loved gift giving (despite what my family might think) and seeing the excited looks on family and friends faces when they open their gifts is always so rewarding.  I felt an inner desire to go above and beyond on Joe's gifts and give him the best Christmas he had ever had.  Unfortunately, a college budget left me limited and very discouraged on what I could do for him. I had some help from his close friends on what I could do and I felt very confident in what gifts I was ready to exchange. Since Joe has to stay in Rexburg for Christmas because of his stupid job ( alright, his job really isn't THAT stupid, it is just stupid  that he has to stay over the break. He works so hard to save money for us when we're married, but really what kind of Christmas is one spent in the dismal and frigid cold Rexburg?)We decided to do Christmas early! I love learning new things about Joe and I quickly learned that he is a pro gift wrapper (my mom is going to be so embarrassed when she sees my gift wrapping ability...or lack there of). Joe did a lot of service on his mission wrapping gifts at the mall during Christmas time, so that's where he gained his expertise :) 
(just ignore the mismatched wrapping paper) 
My sad looking presents. 






I was so excited to show off my awesome gifts and eager to see if Joe just threw my gifts in a colorful bag with matching tissue paper. (alright, that was actually MY idea since gift wrapping terrifies me. Joe told me I had to wrap them...ugh!) 

I'm not going to lie, when I saw what kind of wrapping job Joe had done I was a little bummed and a lot embarrassed. He had everything perfectly wrapped, and let me tell you, his corners looked perfect!  Gift wrapping is the thing the girl should be good at, but hey, maybe I've gotten myself out of gift wrapping for the rest of my life?
                                                      The beauties Joe walzted out with!

 That huge box is every kids fantasy (I'm a little kid at heart, surprising I know!) Inside it contained box after box filled with presents and all sorts of amazing goodies, he knows me so well! 
                                                   Fully equipped with bows and ribbons
The new trucks and wheels I got Joe. Don't worry, I didn't know what they were either. The guys at the store told me they were "sick" and Joe liked them so yay!
                                                   Annoyed with all the pictures I'm taking :) 
All in all, our first sort-of Christmas together was perfect! I can't wait to spend our first real Christmas together next year! I love the Christmas season, I wish that it never had to end!  I want to make it a goal to keep the Christmas spirit with me throughout the year! 
Merry Christmas Eve everyone! 


1 comment: