Monday, March 14, 2011

Make a Wish and Do As Dreamers Do

First things first, these past few weeks have been insanely busy (nothing too abnormal these days) but this time is has been busy with Dance Alliance rehearsal's. We had our show, EXTRAVADANCE this weekend and it has been absolutely amazing! Opening night was beautiful and Friday and Saturday were equally as fabulous. Thank you to everyone who came and supported me! Joe saw all 3 shows AND sat through dress rehearsal, he loved it all!
Shockingly, I have a few extra minutes to blog and I thought I'd share one of the date's Joe and I recently went on.  Joe and I rarely fight or argue with one another, but when we do it is usually about what dates we're going to go on (I'm fully aware of how lame that sounds). I expect Joe to plan wonderfully romantic evenings every date night we have, but he doesn't like to do that.  Not that Joe isn't a romantic, he just wants to plan something with me to ensure total satisfaction on my end, since I can tend to be a little high maintenance. Okay, I can be a lot high maintenance (bless his heart). I decided to switch things up and ask Joe out on date! I asked him out over the weekend for Tuesday and quickly scrambled to plan something that would exceed his expectations. I never knew how stressful planning a date could be, and I felt really bad when studying and homework postponed our date until Thursday. (Secretly, I knew Joe was loving seeing me squirm over this date. I was finally getting a taste of what he has to goes through!) Thursday arrived way too fast and I still didn't have anything finalized for our date, and Joe's excitement and anticipation upped the pressure even more. All in all, I think I pulled off a pretty fantastic date. We kicked off the night with a classy dinner at IHOP and ate way too many pancakes and eggs. 

This might sound weird to some, but I hate pennies.  I think they are pointless and really annoying, and whenever my wallet accumulates an excess amount of pennies, I usually throw them away. So horrible, and ridiculously weird but whatever, don't judge. Lately, I've been putting them in a container Joe keeps in his truck for spare change (horkley's money, duh!)  I decided to sift out all the pennies from his truck and use them towards our date, no I didn't pay for IHOP in pennies, although that would have been funny to see the look on our grouchy server's face. I took him to a river in Idaho Falls and found and nice spot to make wishes with our pennies. Some might think it sounds like a lame date, but we had a blast together! We decided to make wishes and make promises to each other. Most were silly and really funny and others were ridiculously sweet and heart warming; Joe always has a way with words and can speak so eloquently. Me on the other hand...not so much. We were freezing and I think people thought we were strange for throwing pennies in a half frozen river at night time. I think I did a pretty dang good job! I don't want to plan any dates for a while, but I know Joe appreciated it and hopefully he had a wonderful time :)









    

No comments:

Post a Comment