Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Nothing Is as Constant as Change

After much procrastination, I have finally decided to post a real update.  Not that any of my other blog posts weren't real, I just figured I needed to make an  announcement formally (not that a blog is formal ha ha). As per the many phone calls, text messages, and awkward conversations with old friends I have had recently, I decided that I should let everyone know that Joe and I have changed our wedding date.  There have been lots of rumors flying around campus (and when I say "lots" I mean a ridiculous amount of made up viciousness.) Although, I am not going to air for the whole blog world to read the reasoning behind our date change,I will inform you it is NOT what you are (most likely) thinking. There isn't anything bad that has happened between us that typically happens to engaged LDS couples, so stop thinkin' that way, sheesh!  

I apologize to those of you who I blantatly lied to whenever I was asked about our wedding (cut me some slack, no one is perfect)  I so desperately wanted to hold onto our original wedding date and not have to go into why we changed the date and/or endure the judgment that comes with explaining any sort of blemish in a relationship. 

I apologize to those of you who thought you were invited and have yet to see an invitation, we obviously have not sent them out yet. I promise that everyone who wants an invite will get one! 

I apologize for keeping this to myself for as long as I have and not allowing anyone to help me.  I am a very stubborn person and I like to do things on my own, and this situation was very personal and difficult to get through that I wanted only close family and a few very dear friends involved.  Don't worry, I learned my lesson, the next time a trial makes its way into my life I will definitely lean on my family and friends a lot more. (prepare yourself now!) 

Although, I hear a lot of "wow, how could you wait that long to get married?" (just a word of caution, I will turn away and stop talking to anyone who makes those comments, trust me I know it's a long time.)  both Joe and I know that this decision was personal and it was made with the help of the Lord and we know that we are doing the right thing by waiting. I still get insanely jealous whenever I hear about people getting married before me, but I know that our wedding day will be all the more special because of the hard work and effort we had to put into getting there.  

I know without a shadow of a doubt that Joe is the man for me, even though these last few months have been rough and we have been faced with things that most couples will never experience, I know that we were meant for each other. We have seen the darkest of dark times, and the happiest, most beautiful times together.  These experiences have shaped and redefined our relationship, and we have grown and fallen more and more in love.  I never knew that through a trial I could grow to love more.  Not only has my love for Joe grown, but my love of life and the beauty and joy I find in the small things has overwhelmed me and changed my perspective to that of a more grateful one.  I love life and I am eternally grateful for this trial and the positive effects it has had in both our lives.  There is no where else to go, but up! Things get better and better every day and I am so lucky to have the life I have- it may not be perfect, but I am a happy girl. 

If anyone has any questions or concerns with anything I've written I'd really appreciate it if you would refrain from contacting my mommy and just call or message me! :) Even if you try and call my mommy, good luck trying to get her to budge on details she's the best mama bear anyone could ask for! <3 


Joe and I will be sealed for time and all eternity in the Mount Timpanogos Temple on September 23, 2011! Put it on your calendar, you can rest assured that this date will not change! :) Just a little side note, my wedding will be waaaaay better planned and put together and not to mention outrageously more beautiful  than any other wedding, just sayin'...(I'm not tryin' to hate on anyone's wedding, I just need a little self-encouragement ha ha)

September 23, 2011


4 comments:

  1. I'm still VERY happy for you! Congrats girl! I've been meaning to text you but I figured you would be getting tons of contact from other people. But just know I'm always thinking about you and pray for you! You helped me through one of the hardest times of my life and whenever ya need a friend you got one right here. Love ya girl (: And your wedding will be gorgeous (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurin! I'm so happy for you. I can't imagine what you have been going through. But I hope you know that you are so loved. You better believe I will be there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jake and I will be 3 1/2 years in the making by the time our wedding rolls around haha. Plus Mormons get married way too fast...way to go in actually taking time to get to know each other!

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. the best things come to those who wait :)

    ReplyDelete