Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Countdown Begins

Our weekend away was so nice, it was a busy and appointment filled weekend- but any weekend out of Rexburg is a good one. We spent Friday with Zack and Hilary which is always a good time. 

We woke up on Saturday and we hit the ground running with wedding plans. We met with our wedding planner and figured everything out for the reception, I am so excited it is going to be absolutely beautiful! I was nervous that I wouldn't like our venue since we haven't been back since December, but I love it even more than I remember! It is truly a stunning Victorian mansion and I can't wait to see it all done up and filled with our family and friends. Later that day I met the girl who will be doing my hair for the wedding! She is so great and I had so much fun getting to know her and figure out what to do with my mop of hair. I went in with one idea and came out with a completely different hair style than I thought I'd want- and I absolutely love it! So excited!

I am starting to get stressed out, I didn't think I would and maybe I'm just stressing myself out because that's what brides are "supposed to do"...? 
I still haven't figured out flowers or center pieces. I really don't care that much as long as it's pretty, I'll be happy. I feel like I need to put more care and attention into planning my wedding, but I just don't care- I want to be married already! 

We spent some time with my Mom, her husband, and my little sister in Park City. It was so nice to see my mom and sister again, even though I saw them in May I still miss them a lot! I am so excited that they are coming up in two weeks for my bridal shower!  
I finally saw the temple that Joe and  I will be getting married in! It's even more beautiful than I imagined! We only took one picture the entire weekend and it was the at the temple and it really isn't the best picture, but I'll include it just for fun. Ignore my horribly knock-kneed knees...

My little sister took the picture, and this is what happened I thought it was funny...

Even though I've been counting down for quite some time, I feel like the wedding date is fast approaching and  I still have so much left to do! At the end of the month Joe moves into our apartment! I'm really jealous because I want to live there, but knowing me I'd probably get scared living there alone and hate it. I can't wait to start decorating and slowly start moving my stuff in! 
79 more days! :)

2 comments:

  1. Are you SURE you really don't care about the flowers for your reception??? If you are sure, this might be a place where you can involve other people in your wedding plans. When my youngest son got married, my future daughter-in-law asked if I would help her choose the flowers for the head table. It really meant a lot to me. But my perspective may be a little screwed. Since I don't have any daughters, it was the only time I got to be a part of someone else's wedding, and I was thrilled. Meeting with the wedding planner all that stuff. Oh, and they also chose to sing the song I liked (from Phantom of the Opera: "All I ask of You"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weird that you will be moving into my house... But I'm glad you will be living her :)

    ReplyDelete