Friday, April 20, 2012

Easter!

Easter was so much fun this year! For some reason, I cannot remember what I did for Easter last year...were we on tour? Anyway, Joe and I got to go down to Utah where my mom came up from Arizona to see us and McKenna. 
Unfortunately, McKenna had to get her wisdom teeth out that Friday before Easter, poor girl! She was a champ though and recovered so quickly and didn't complain at all! When she came out of recovery my mom said that she was blabbing about what muscle her tongue is connected to and many other anatomy terms...psh anatomy nerd!  I always love hanging out with my mom and sister- usually what happens is whenever my mom and I are together we are ridiculous; we are super immature and extremely giggly. McKenna usually just stares at us and probably thinks, "how did I turn out so good?" But really, that is the age old question- where did McKenna come from and how did she turn our so amazing? I think she was switched at birth and belongs to a scientist dad and a doctor mom. It only makes sense.

We had a blast hanging out, eating, relaxing, and enjoying each others company. 
Yes, more puppy pictures

They love going buh byes in the car!

Chloe is too cool to look at the camera

Lola: Big and beautiful 
Melt your heart!!

Another weird looking picture with Lola

:)
If you have seen the movie UP you'll remember the awesome chair Mr. Fredricksen has in his house on the stairs. Well, my grandparents have one and it's pretty much awesome. 

Spoon Me

Trying to get them to take a picture was harder than I thought

Finally! Look how great McKenna looks 1 day after surgery!

We took the puppies to go see the ducks


Chloe saw the ducks right away



These ducks were lame they didn't even come close to us

Happiness is this :)

Lovers

Not a fan of the ducks
Pretty Mommy!

Any time you go through a drive thru with the puppies you have to get them a water with no ice. Not kidding, they get mad if you don't. 

Precious 

Cooking Easter Dinner 


Poor thing! But she still looks great! 

Nana and the dog that always growls at me

Nana was such a trooper as well! We must have worn her out with all our escapades! 


Papa

Magic Kitty. Aka the devil
 During this fun filled weekend McKenna found out that she was hired to be an Anatomy lab T.A. and I couldn't be more proud of her!  She interviewed on Thursday night and had to teach for five minutes on a lesson that she prepared covering material on all the muscles, ligaments, bones, etc of the arm!  She is such a smart kid, and she of course knocked the interview out of the park! She aced her interview and was asked to start TAing in the fall! She went into lay down after dinner on Friday night and while she was asleep she got an email saying she was accepted to the be a T.A. When she read it is was so excited she came running, literally running/ wobbling down the hall. It scared us all half to death, I thought she was bleeding or having a heart attack she was so riled up. She was so cute and so excited that she started to cry.  She will be writing and grading quizzes and teaching all the anatomy students in the lab! Holy, smarty pants! Now do you understand why I'm convinced she was switched at birth? I am so proud of her and her new found love of the body and for teaching. She is going to be one heck of a teacher. She told me she is most excited to share her love of the body to all those that she will be teaching; how awesome is she? 

No comments:

Post a Comment