Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Fur Kids

Oh my goodness, Joe and I had the best six weeks of our lives! My mom and Mark went to China for two weeks for business.  My mom has two adorable Chihuahua's, Chloe and Lola, that she didn't know what to do with.  Putting them in a kennel for that long is so sad, they would be so mad at her, so I volunteered (Hunger Games style) to have the puppies come stay with us while they were gone.  Technically, we aren't allowed to have pets in our apartment, but we carefully got around that. If anyone tells on us now, you're pathetic. 

Anyway, I was stressed at first with sneaking around with the dogs but we really had nothing to worry about.  These puppies are so, so, so good- and I know you're thinking that Chihuahua's are the most annoying dogs on the planet, but you have not met ours. They don't yap, they don't bark, and they are the lowest maintenance dogs ever. They literally slept on the couch all day everyday. They, at first, were not used to apartment living and would stare at the ceiling and growl a little bit when our upstairs neighbors were home (But let's be honest, I would do the same thing) or they would growl at a car driving by outside the window- little things like that.  We made it a point to leave the T.V. on whenever we left, you know, white noise.  I think it worked really well, but who knows, we weren't home to know if they were barking or not! Haha But I think it worked

We absolutely loved having them stay with us.  Especially me.  They were my little companions when Joe was at work or school who would just love on me all day long. We loved taking them for walks, giving them baths, and spoiling the heck outta them! They slept with us in our bed every single night; they are the best sleepers and love cuddling! Did I mention they are like having your own little space heater in bed? Wonderful.  Chloe especially loves to sleep, it doesn't matter if she just woke up; all you have to say is "Go nuh nights?" she will jump right back to bed with you tail wagging and bouncing from pillow to pillow!  We have this on going joke with Chloe that she has some sort of power to coax you into taking unnecessary naps and sleeping in later than you planned. I wish she was still around to blame...

They love going for drives in the car so sometimes, if I was bored enough, I'd drive around town with them. They really started to like Rexburg and the quaint town we live in.  Am I sounding crazy yet? 

We took them up to Joe's parent's house in Coeur d' Alene for the weekend and I'm not sure if it was traumatic or exciting for the puppies.  Joe's parents have a full-grown black lab named Trapper; he's a big teddy bear and was so excited to have playmates for the weekend.  Chloe and Lola did not take to him very well.  Luckily, Trapper is a great dog and mild tempered and didn't mind the constant snapping and growls from the girls.  They don't realize their size, especially Chloe the four pound Chihuahua who thinks she's a Rottweiler.  She would run up to Trapper clamp down on the skin on his side and hang there- ferocious, right? Didn't even phase Trapper.  

I have now gotten Joe to the dark side- he agreed we could get a Chihuahua puppy soon!  His conditions are: if it barks it's going back! Maybe my mom needs to come out and train our soon-to-be-puppy? Please? 

Please meet Chloe
Classic 
Assuming their usual position Lola had bad allergies 
Bath time!
Not their most favorite activity 
Is this not the cutest thing ever?

Lola hates the bath more than anything, poor baby.
Joe thought it was hilarious how much they would shake after the bath so we took action shots. Stupid, but amusing. 
Chloe has some violent shakes. She couldn't even keep her back paws steady
Lola hating life 
Weirdest looking picture 
Joe and his girlfriend 
"Watch dog" on our road trips 
Lola just sleeping :) 
Sunday walk with the pups 
My baby. 

Thanks mom for letting us watch the puppies, we'll do it anytime! Seriously, bring them up this weekend. I was also very proud of myself for being such a good puppy-mommy. I didn't lose them once! My mom totally thought I would... 

1 comment:

  1. Having a puppy is the best!! I don't know if having a baby will top it haha jk. Really though, you guys should get a dog, they are awesome and so much fun! We snuck Hunter around our first apartment complex until our lease was up, then we moved where he was allowed.

    ReplyDelete