Friday, October 25, 2013

Crusin'

Joe and I took a cruise for our two year anniversary and it was just what the doctor ordered! This cruise had been in the works for over a year; we planned it with some good friends of ours and the ongoing joke was that no one could get pregnant before the cruise. Ha! About that... 
My first trimester was really rough, between a sudden move from Idaho to Utah (we packed up everything and left in one weekend), to working full time, to having not just morning sickness, but all day sickness this cruise couldn't have come at a better time! I wasn't even sick on the cruise which was a huge relief! I actually felt my best on the cruise which is crazy, everyone who knew I was pregnant was so worried I would be miserable- thank goodness I wasn't. 

We went on a 7 day cruise to Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. Our first stop was Jamaica and I absolutely hated it. A lot of people think I'm weird for hating it so much, but since I've been pregnant I've become crazy paranoid. I've always had a wild imagination, but pregnancy has taken things to a new level of insanity. I kept having flashes of the movie "Taken" pop into my mind as we walked around the city. I didn't care so much about something happening to me personally, but the thought of something happening to me while carrying this precious baby sent me into a tailspin. Maybe I'm just a crazy pregnant woman, but my sweet friend Hilary assured me that I wasn't the only one with these crazy fears. We only stayed off the boat for a couple hours, thank goodness. Just long enough to visit the beach and get swindled into buying expensive bracelets that I could have made at girls camp. It's all part of the experience, I suppose. 
 
Our next stop was Grand Cayman which was a pleasant change from Jamaica. The beach was white, the water clear, and there weren't a million people trying to sell you regge cd's. I was much happier here and finally able to relax and not worry so much. We spent all day at the beach laying out and swimming. 
We took this picture here. We tried in Jamaica but the tide was high and people kept walking through my sand message. Another reason I hated Jamaica. 

Our last stop was Cozumel and that day was so fun. It was our shortest day which was a bummer because we had a sweet excursion planned to visit the Mayan ruins. I've always been obsessed with history, ask me about the Egyptians and I'll talk your ear off. It's my secret nerdy thing. You better believe I was pumped when we were able to book a private tour of the ruins with no one other than Heleman. It's okay, I didn't know who Heleman was either, but our friends Zack and Hilary had used him years before for a tour and said he was legit. The best part of this tour is that it was a Book of Mormon based tour! It was so cool! We got into the van and immediately he had us start reading verses from the Book of Mormon. We all chuckled at first, but this guy knew his stuff. It was so crazy to see the relations between our Book of Mormon stories and what archeologist had found about the Mayan people. If you're ever going to Cozumel I'll get you his number, you will not be disappointed! 

 
It was such a nice week away. After a crazy stressful move, trying to find a place to live, and starting our jobs down in Utah we enjoyed every minute. These pics are all from my phone, sorry they aren't the best quality. 
Notice out little photo bomber? Haha

2 comments:

  1. Ahh!! That looks like so much fun!!! I'm glad you had such a good time on your well deserved vacation!! And I'm also so super excited about the little one!! Ah! :) Also, I just love the part where you bought an expensive bracelet you could have made at girl's camp...hahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness this brings back so many memories for me! We planned a cruise w/my family. We were about to book ziplining, parasailing and a few other things and I thought to myself, I'm late what if I'm pregnant?! And I was haha cancel those excursions haha. I was so sick the first trimester that I thought the cruise would be miserable but it wasn't, i felt so good!! Glad you had a similar experience!!! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete