Thursday, December 11, 2014

Dear Kaymin

Dear Kaymin,

Do you know how much I love you? I remember hearing my own parents telling me the same thing when I was growing up, I'd shrug my shoulders and roll my eyes and not give much thought to the sentiment. If you think about it, it's really  a tough thought to wrap your head around. But really, though, do you know how much I truly love you? How every cell in body is awakened by your sweet giggle and how my heart breaks  every time you cry, or how I miss you after you've gone to bed for the night.

There's so much sadness and despair in the world...I wish so badly that I could shield you from it all and keep your heart happy and carefree, but I know I can't and that your trials and struggles are inevitable, but do you know how much I love you?

 I see a light in your eyes that I hope never goes away; you're so curious and genuine and so not patient (you get that from me). You've blessed me with a redo at discovering what is truly important in life and given me the opportunity to find my joy in this journey together.

Somedays, I can't believe that you're mine, that you actually picked me! Oh, how I'm so glad you picked me. You are mine and I am yours, forever and ever. I've often wondered what I did right to deserve such a perfect little person to love and take care of. I am grateful everyday that I am able to be apart of your world and go on all of our adventures together. 

Do you know how much I love you? If I could find a way to put into words how full my heart is because of you, I don't think there would be enough ink or paper in the world to convey how I feel.

I love you forever and ever, my sweet little Kbug. 

Love,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment