Monday, June 27, 2011

21 Candles

Yesterday was my 21st Birthday! Yay! It was such a great day and I have such awesome family and friends. Joe made it so special. It's funny comparing my 21st Birthday to those of my old friends from high school and such, because what they did and what I did is completely opposite.. I got a little too crazy, I'm not sure I should even post what I did in fear it might offend some people...Just kidding It's not that bad 
Well, I purposely slept thru my church (gettin' crazy, I know) 
I ate some Birthday cake for breakfast, because I could- I'm 21, a real adult now.
I decided to go to church with Joe at 1:00, a little more reasonable than 9:30 am (but we left after Sacrament, GASP!)
I ate oodles and oodles of cake and ice cream numerous times throughout the day
My roommates decorated the apartment and my bedroom and showered me with some pretty awesome gifts
My family got me some amazing presents 
Joe's parents got me an awesome gift
Joe got me some totally sweet presents as well as making me dinner! Score!

One thing my little sister did was send me a basket filled with 21 different items. Among the 21 gumballs and 21 candles she wrote up 21 reasons we love Laurin. I thought they were pretty funny and spot on, so I'll share them :) 

  1. She makes crazy to-do lists
  2. She is marrying Joe
  3. She doesn't know the creator of Facebook
  4. Justin Bieber gets her through her work-out
  5. She is a quote nerd
  6. She is the only one in the family that likes Golden Grahams
  7. She falls asleep in every movie
  8. She is addicted to Facebook
  9. She is beautiful!
  10. She walks with her feet turned out
  11. She is obsessed with the nutritional value in everything- yet still eats it
  12. She always has the best advice
  13. She doesn't look at the next month on her calander because McKenna told her not to!
  14. The pantry becomes "loaded" when she is home
  15. Mary Poppins is her home-girl
  16. She works at Hollister and is proud of it
  17. Mormon Tabernacle Choir songs make her cry
  18. She prefers only top 40 hits while boating, apparently 
  19. She has one healthy booty
  20. Her laugh is contagious 
  21. She never knows the lyrics to any songs, yet still sings them 
  I'll argue a few of them, like the not knowing who the creator of facebook, I do too I just get confused if his first name is Mike or Mark haha. The whole calendar thing is weird, but  both me and McKenna have a Mary Engelbreit calendar and she never looks at the next months quote, so I adopted that weird habit into my life. I'm really not proud of my job at Hollister, and I struggled actually putting that on here haha it's a job people! I love that she included Joe :) Everyone in my family thinks that Joe is so perfect for me, I'd have to agree! Regardless of how relentlessly my family makes fun of me I still love them and wouldn't have it any other way! My 21st Birthday was so fun, I can't wait to celebrate my next birthday married to Joe! :)
87 more days!
xoxox

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! If I look at the next month on the calendar then I don't look at the picture so I can be surprised! I have had a Suzy Zoo calendar for 8 year now but Mary Engelbreit calendars are great too! My favorite may be number 19... she has one healthy booty! hahaha! So true and such a classy way of putting it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!! You make me so happy :) It makes me not dread my 21st birthday as much...although I kind of doubt it could top yours ;) LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete